The Triangle Trust 1949 Fund offers grants to charities and non-profit social enterprises who are supporting those in need within the UK. There is a current focus on young people with caring responsibilities and young people caught up in the criminal justice system.
Grants of up to £60,000 over two years are available to groups with an income of less than £1 million over the past three years. A maximum of £30,000 per year can be requested.
The first funding round of 2022 is intended for young carers, and particularly:
- Projects providing support to young carers who have fallen behind with their learning as a result of the impacts COVID-19 on their caring responsibilities.
- Projects working in/with local schools to raise awareness of young carers and helping schools develop their approaches to supporting young carers.
- Projects supporting young adult carers to continue in higher and further education and training.
The funding is not for standalone new projects, rather it is to support work that ‘amplifies the impact’ of existing work with young carers (up to the age of 25) and develops existing support around learning and access to education and training.
There is a two-stage application process.
- Stage one is to complete the online application form on the Triangle Trust website.
- Stage two will involve a visit from the Trust’s Director to the shortlisted applicants (usually between six and eight organisations)
Young carers applications is between 30 March 2022 and 6 May 2022
Young offender applications is between 19 September 2022 and 28 October 2022.