Grants available: Small Grants (£25,000 – £500,000) Large Grants (£500,000 – £5 Million) – Depending on income
Applications close: Rolling basis
Who is the funding for: This programme is open to national and local charities helping disadvantaged children and young people overcome their challenges.
- Applicants can only apply for one grant programme at any time
- For small grants, at least 75% of the charity’s beneficiaries must be disadvantaged children and young people
- For large grants, all of the beneficiaries of the project must be disadvantaged children and young people and their families/guardians.
- These grants are for smaller charities whose annual income is between £25,000 and £500,000
- Small grants are unrestricted and, for example can be used towards general running and/or overhead costs of the charity
- Small grants range between £1,000 – £5,000 per year, for up to three years
- The total amount of the grant requested must not exceed 20% of the total income of the charity
- These grants are for larger charities whose annual income is between £500,000 and £5m
- Large grants are restricted for projects and, for example, includes salary costs, activities, materials etc.
- Large grants usually range from £10,000 to £60,000 in total. This can be spread over one to three years.
Our grants support disadvantaged and vulnerable children aged 0-18 and up to the age of 25 years for disabled young people.
They also include projects/charities providing family support that will benefit the child/young person
Key Areas of Focus
Grants can be offered to charities/projects that provide:
- Mental and physical health support
- Learning and development, including language and communication skills, social and emotional etc.
- Support for the whole family
- Pastoral and advocacy support