Grants available: Small Grants (£25,000 – £500,000) Large Grants (£500,000 – £5 Million) – Depending on income
Applications close: Rolling basis
Who is the funding for: Later Life Inclusion grants programme is open to local and national charities that are working to reduce loneliness and isolation in later life.
- Applicants can only apply for one grant programme at any time
- For small grants, at least 75% of the charity’s beneficiaries must be people aged 65 and over
- For large grants, all of the beneficiaries of the project must be people aged 65 and over
- These grants are for smaller charities whose annual income is between £25,000 and £500,000
- Small grants are unrestricted and, for example can be used towards general running and/or overhead costs of the charity
- Small grants range between £1,000 – £5,000 per year, for up to three years
- The total amount of the grant requested must not exceed 20% of the total income of the charity
- These grants are for larger charities whose annual income is between £500,000 and £5m
- Large grants are restricted for projects and, for example, includes for salary costs, activities, materials etc.
- Large grants usually range from £10,000 to £60,000 in total. This can be spread over one to three years.
Age Range : Our grants support socially isolated and lonely older people over the age of 65.
Key areas of focus
Grants can be offered to charities/projects that provide:
- Mental and physical health support
- Access to services, e.g. transport and technology
- Community based approaches, i.e. volunteering, positive ageing and neighbourhood support
- Advocacy, social and welfare support
- Grants are only made to charities whose beneficiaries are in England and Wales
- Charities must be registered with the Charity Commission or relevant Central registry of the respective Guernsey, Jersey or Isle of Man’s government
- Charities must have at least one year of independently examined or audited accounts published on the Charity Commission website for the registered charity number they are applying from