Meeting attended: Improvement & Reform Committee (IRC)
VCS Representatives: Michael Firek (Living Sport) & Rachel Talbot (Cambs CAB)
Date of meeting: 16/12/2022
Summary of agenda items / key themes discussed:
- Board Assurance Framework (BAF)
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Strategy and plan update
- Reports from feeder groups
- Planned Care Board
- Unplanned Care Board
- System Strategy & Planning Group
- Quality Improvement & Transformation Group (previously Transformation Hub)
- Diagnostics Board
Implications for the VCS
- First chance we have had to see this but this is a working document for the ICB so has existed and been used for some time. This is a key part of the ICB risk management framework.
- Highlighted a new domain that has been added – Recruitment and Retention. MF highlighted that there was a great deal of existing measures and mitigations on recruitment, but very little on retention. Perhaps some learning can be shared from the VCSE regarding work undertaken in the VCSE CEO forum?
CQI strategy and plan document – attached (pages 43 – 80).
- Strategy in draft format still, but additions of a summary version and a plan on a page version have been created for review.
- Graham Wilde explained that the next steps were for this to go to another board meeting (can’t remember which one) then would be consulted with the local authorities and Voluntary sector. We advised that we could assist with the voluntary sector engagement through the Health Alliance.
Questioned how they were going to “measure” progress. Maybe the vol sector can help with that?
- CQI strategy and plan document – attached.
- Graham Wilde to be invited to the Health Alliance meeting in the new year, and contacts shared at Hunts Forum.
Date, time and venue of next meeting and name of the representative who will be attending
Friday 17th February 2023 – 9.00 – 10.45. MS Teams.