Who is this workshop for?
This is aimed at smaller groups who don’t necessarily have formal processes in place for recruiting volunteers. It will share ideas on engaging and motivating people – larger groups are welcome too but the focus will be less about processes that our usual Recruiting and Retaining workshop.
What will you learn?
This workshop looks at ways to make your group become more effective in recruiting helpers.
A better understanding of how to identify potential helpers and a clearer knowledge of how to engage and motivate people by:
- identifying what people want
- working out what you need
- creating an appealing offer
- communicating effectively
This course will be delivered by one of our CCVS development team with experience of working with and running a community group.
Comments from previous participants
- I have learned to ask more questions and try and seek the answers e.g. How can we attract more leaders to volunteer (they are a rare group to find.) Reframing the volunteer offer – selling the benefits more. Breaking down what we need into small tasks. How can I be more proactive with planning volunteer recruitment. Who can be our communication champions?
- How to identify the categories of potential volunteers, what their barriers may be to volunteering and how to overcome those in the way we promote the opportunities to volunteer
Free to all voluntary sector groups in Cambridgeshire but priority will be given to South Cambs groups thanks to support from South Cambridgeshire District Council.
If you have any queries please contact us on email firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is FREE to voluntary groups in Cambridgeshire. Groups are able to book up to two places on any course. We do hold a waiting list if courses are oversubscribed and may be able to offer additional places if these are available. Let us know if you want to book extra places.
Please note that all bookings are subject to courses are subject to the CCVS cancellation policy and we may make a charge if places are cancelled without giving notice as detailed in the policy.