This two-part event will take place over 2 lunchtimes one week apart and is aimed at giving trustees from community organisations and small charities the essential tools to perform their role safely and effectively. The sessions will include a taught element with time for sharing experiences and asking questions.
We are encouraging trustees to book for both sessions.
Part 1 taking place on 22nd Nov 12 to 1.30pm will provide trustees with an overview of their role and the responsibilities including:
- What Public Benefit means and how that makes an organisation charitable;
- Legal duties of Trustees;
- Safeguarding the charity’s values, aims and objectives;
Part 2 taking place on 29th Nov 12 to 1.30pm will focus on running an effective board including:
- A closer look at trustee liabilities
- How Trustees should manage the strategic decision making, such as budgets, finance and policies
- Risk Management
- Effective operational management
This course will be delivered by one of our training & development workers who have a wealth of experience working with trustee boards across the voluntary sector.
By registering for this course you agree to abide by the Support Cambridgeshire Cancellation Policy
Free to all voluntary sector groups in Cambridgeshire and infrastructure support groups in the wider Region